Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play |
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Why it's hard to focus when you are in stressful situations
- Why two people can have very different perspectives about the same event or situation
- Two super-simple and powerful techniques to stay calm and present
GOAL: Continue to master the art of re-training your Inner Bully AND quickly find your inner-calmness
ACTION STEP ONE:
When you are aware that your Inner Bully is talking to you, stop, take several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What story am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns that I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me inside my box?
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
ACTION STEP TWO:
Create a plan of how you want to feel and how you want to be. Spend a little time thinking about these details. Look to others for inspiration. Then practice being this way in your mind--over and over again, until you feel comfortable, or even excited!
ACTION STEP THREE:
Each time you have an emotion that you don't want to have, practice neutralizing that emotion and shift yourself into a calm state by using the simple and powerful "Choosing Calm" and "Simple Truth" techniques.
** Remember to write these down in your journal so you can track your progress.
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series: These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their lives by taking control of their mind.