Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play |
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- The critical voice inside your head actually started with the intent to keep you safe
- The role your subconscious mind plays to keep you stuck in your misery
- How to be the Boss of your mind and stop your Inner Bully from running the show
- Modeling behaviors of others and adopting their traits can help you build your confidence
- Practicing these new skills in the safety of your imagination will bring your desired results
GOAL: Be the Boss of your mind and show your Inner Bully that it is safe for you to try new things.
ACTION STEP ONE:
When you are aware that your Inner Bully is talking to you, stop, take in several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me inside my box?
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
ACTION STEP TWO:
- Create a plan of how you want to feel and how you want to be. Spend a little time thinking about these details. Look to others for inspiration. Then practice being this way in your mind--over and over again, until you feel comfortable or even excited!
** Remember to write these down in your journal so you can track your progress.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series: These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their lives by taking control of their mind.