GOAL: Disarm your Inner Bully's secret weapons with this one powerful technique AND continue to master the art of transforming your Inner Bully
Go through your journal and rewrite the statements your Inner Bully said to you this past week (If you did not do this exercise, either go back to your previous entries or think of what your Inner Bully often say to you and write those down.)
- Create a positive affirmation for each negative statement
Compare your affirmations to the 7 steps we've mentioned to make sure all 7 elements are there. If not, correct it before going further.
Click here to get your free pdf summary of how to create powerful affirmations.
Pick up to three affirmations to start on this week. Start by saying one statement out loud with meaning and purpose. Next, close your eyes and fully visualize that statement using your five senses. Bring in as many feel good emotions as you can.
If your affirmation feels good: breathe in deeply to anchor that good feeling then go on to your next affirmation. If saying or visualizing your positive affirmations feels uncomfortable, remember to soften your affirmations to, "I'm willing to..." and even "I'm willing to know that it's possible to..." if needed.
Continue to challenge your Inner Bully as you've previously done. Take several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What story am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns that I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me inside my box.
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?