GOAL: Be the Boss of your mind and show your Inner Bully that it is safe for you to try new things.
When you are aware that your Inner Bully is talking to you, stop, take in several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me inside my box?
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
When you catch your Inner Bully in the act:
- Create a plan of how you want to feel and how you want to be. Spend a little time thinking about these details. Look to others for inspiration. Then practice being this way in your mind--over and over again, until you feel comfortable or even excited!
- Remember to write these down in your journal so you can track your progress.